Sign up for an LCT Ferries Commuter Card and save 30% each time you cross! There is a $200 minimum recharge amount as of May 2013. This form of payment is not accepted at our Charlotte, VT / Essex, NY crossing from December to April, nor at our Burlington, VT / Port Kent, NY at any time.
To apply for a Lake Champlain Transportation Commuter Card, download the application here. (hyperlink) Please bring the application to one of our ticket booths or submit it to the Burlington office in person, via fax at 802.864.6830, or by email at email@example.com.
To recharge your card, use cash or local check at the Grand Isle, VT / Cumberland Head, NY crossing booths, the Charlotte, VT / Essex, NY booths from April to December only, provide payment at the Burlington office, or call the Burlington office with a credit card. Note that it takes up to 24 business hours to process recharges from the Burlington office. Please see the full conditions of sale and use below.
Books of commuter coupons are available for purchase for most fares, and contain 20 one-way coupons. When using the coupons for the fare intended, a 30% discount is reflected. If being used for a fare other than it was sold for, it is applied at the face value/purchase price of the coupon. Note that due to the difference in rates at the Burlington, VT / Port Kent, NY crossing, coupons purchased for other crossings may not be used here. Burlington crossing commuter books may be purchased at our main office for car and driver fares, adult passenger fares, and/or child passenger fares.
Gift cards may be purchased at the booth with cash or local checks in any denomination. If you would like to pay by credit card, please call our office to place the order 802.864.9804. Note that the gift card will need to be picked up at the Burlington office or mailed to you.
COMMUTER CARDS/STORED VALUE CARDS
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND USE
Commuter Cards are offered to provide regular ferry commuters with a discounted rate of passage due to the frequent nature of their travel. In consideration of the Commuter Card rate, which is received when the card is used, customers using the LCT Ferries Commuter Card agree that its use shall be subject to the following limitations:
- New Commuter Cards will be available 48 business hours after we receive your application.
- Commuter Card rates reflect a 30% discount on regular one way fares.
- The Commuter Card is good for one-way passage at the discounted rate between Grand Isle, VT/Cumberland Head, NY in either direction, year round. It is only good between Charlotte, VT/Essex, NY when ticket booths are processing fares (April to December). It is not valid for use at the Burlington, VT/Port Kent, NY crossing.
- Existing cards can be replenished with cash or local check at the Grand Isle/Cumberland Head ticket booths year round; at the Essex/Charlotte booths April to December only. They may be replenished by credit card by calling the office (802) 864-9804 between 9am to 5pm; these transactions will be processed within 24 business hours. There is a $200 minimum recharge per card.
- Lost or stolen cards may be replaced with a $5 fee plus certified mail postage. Once the Burlington office is notified of the loss, monetary value on a lost/stolen card will be transferred to a new card, invalidating the old card. There is no fee to replace a damaged card.
- In the event funds used are invalid, such as a returned check, the Commuter Card will become invalid immediately and the unpaid balance, plus applicable fees, will be deducted from the balance of the card if available.
- Because the discount is extended for bulk prepayment of ferry passage, requests for a refund on a Commuter Card balance may be adjusted to remove the discount from fares used.
- Terms and conditions subject to change without notice.